THOMASTIK Infeld Dominant 142 Nylon Core Cello 4/4 A String, Chrome Wound Medium Gauge
- Cello 4/4 A string
- Made with a highly flexible, multi-strand synthetic core.
- Provide the tonal warmth and feel of a gut string while being impervious to changes in humidity.
- The sound is soft, clear with a stable intonation and they are rich in overtones.
- Its radiance and ability to project sound without being metallic comes to the fore both in Arco and pizzicato passage.
- Effortless response to intricate fingering and its tuning stability even under extreme atmospheric conditions.
A-String Comparable in sound to gut, without gut's disadvantages These strings have a highly flexible, multi-strand nylon core and cater for artists who feel uncomfortable with steel strings. The resounding success of our Dominant string owes a lot to its similarity in tone and response to gut strings, without gut's attendant drawbacks. The sound of the Dominant string is full and mellow, yet rich in overtones. Its radiance, its ability to project sound without being metallic, comes to the fore both in Arco and pizzicato. Other advantages are Dominant's effortless response to intricate fingering and its tuning stability even under extreme atmospheric conditions. But Dominant's beauty of tone is not as long lasting as that of a steel string, a price the discerning musician will be prepared to pay for this quality of sound. Dominant strings should be changed at appropriate intervals to ensure continuity of tone color.